Yongquan Zhang 张湧权
My isolation buddy has more legs than I do
I am a fourth-year graduate student in mathematics at Harvard University. My advisor is Curt McMullen. Before coming to Harvard, I was a math major at Faculty of Science, University of Hong Kong.
My email address is yqzhang (at) math.harvard.edu.
I am currently working on hyperbolic geometry and Kleinian groups. As an undergrad, I did some summer research on Smale's mean value conjecture and finite Blaschke products.
This semester (Spring 2020), I am organizing the Informal Geometry and Dynamics Seminar with Tina Torkaman and Karl Winsor.
Current and past projects
- Construction of acyindrical hyperbolic 3-manifolds with quasifuchsian boundary.
Accepted by Experimental Math. [preprint | journal]
Some animations illustrating the example can be found here. For a much shorter (and smaller in file size) excerpt focusing solely on the example see here (this is an excerpt of an earlier draft, in the current version this section is significantly simplified).
Generalized factorials on the image set of polynomials with integer coefficients.
Directed Studies in Mathematics at HKU, under the supervision of Prof. Kai Man Tsang. The final report can be found here.
Smale's mean value conjecture for finite Blaschke products. (joint with Tuen Wai Ng)
The Journal of Analysis 24 (2016), pp. 331--345. [arxiv | journal]
Summer research fellowship at Faculty of Science, HKU, under the supervision of Prof. Tuen Wai Ng.
- Galois groups of enumerative problems. My minor thesis.
- d-bar equations with L^2 estimates. Undergraduate final year project under the supervision of Prof. Ngaiming Mok
- This semester (Spring 2020), I am teaching Math 21b Linear Algebra and Differential Equations. All sections have been moved online. The course homepage is here.
- Fall 2019, I was the Course Assistant for Math 212a Advanced Real Analysis taught by Prof. McMullen. The course homepage is here.
- Spring 2019, I held Proof Seminars for Math 22b Linear Algebra and Vector Analysis taught by Prof. Knill. The course homepage is here. I was awarded Certificate of Distinction in Teaching by the Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning at Harvard.
- Spring 2018, Math 21a Multivariable Calculus, Teaching Fellow. I was awarded Certificate of Distinction in Teaching by the Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning at Harvard.
The main page is here.
See my webpage in Simplified Chinese (简体中文), Spanish (español).